Simple, Half Up-Half Down Hairstyles!

Let's be real here, it's cold! Personally, I use my hair as an ear warmer so I hate having my hair up all day. So, today I decided to show you three of my favourite hairstyles  that still get your hair out of your face but keep your ears and neck warm. These can be used on medium to long hair, but unfortunately probably won't be as effective on pixie type haircuts. 


As you can see, I have my hair with a little bit of a wave in it, but these all work with straight, curly or wavy hair.

1. Half bun

This is my personal favourite hairstyle of the three, simply because it is so easy yet still looks stunning.
 Firstly, take the front section of  your hair around your face and some from the crown of your head for added volume and tie it into a small ponytail. Then wrap the ponytail around the hairband into a small bun and pin into place using bobby pins.

2. Plaited hairband

 This hairstyle is one of the more difficult hairstyles of the three, but a bit of time, good bobby pins and hair spray can help out. Simply make four plaits (two either side) at the front of you face, they don't have to be perfect, the different size can add a nice texture to the look. Then, one by one, pull each around the back of your head and pin on the other side. This looks beautiful with curly hair.

3. Vintage pin-back


This hairstyle is the one I wear most often as it can add great volume to your hair, and looks especially retro with big bouncy curls. Instead of just pulling your hair back and pinning at the back of your head, you want to twist the top, front part of your hair and twist, slowly adding parts as you work your way down. After adding each twist push your hair forwards. Pin as close to your face as possible, I find pinning it just behind my ears works best. Repeat on each side and the tug at it gently for maximum volume.

Ta'dah! All of these looks take under five minutes and look b-e-a-u-tiful!

Hope you're having a fabulous year!
Francesca x




Comments

Popular Posts