Amazing Austria Skiing Adventure


I know, I know! You can all scream at me in the comments for not posting and I don't have a good enough excuse for you apart from for the last week when I was in Austria skiing. One more thing I can tick off my Bucket list. Today I just wanted to document my experience in Austria for possibly other skiers, my family and just for myself. Firstly, if you are ever given the chance to go on a skiing holiday, PLEASE GO! You will not regret it, no matter how bad you are at the beginning you will progress and fall in love with it. You fall in love with the way you just glide over the snow and the cool, fresh air in your face. But if you aren't too much of a sport lover, you'll be a lover of the views. I personally am a real sucker for a good view and I was in heaven.
View at the top of the mountain.

The trip itself was organized by my school which meant I was lucky enough to spend the week with my friends and make so many more from other year groups. Even the journey (which was 24+ hours as we drove, caught the ferry then drove across France and Germany etc) was so much fun simply because of my company. The amount of inside jokes made were unbelievable.

In the evening we'd either buy strawberries, bananas, grapes and nutella from the local Spar shop and pig out in our room while playing discussing our day on the mountain or go down to the sports hall and play basketball, football or go crazy on the trampoline. But no matter what we did, we had an amazing time and made so many new friends from all around the world. So many memories can be made doing the simplest and most boring of activities, you just need a positive frame of mind.
Wagrain

The place we stayed in was called Wagrain, very near Salzburg which I would have loved to have seen more of but 5 hours of skiing made it kind of difficult (energy and time wise). The buildings in Austria are also so beautiful but so different, these really added to the views and made it so authentic and surreal looking.This makes me feel like such a tourist but I love seeing the differences in places, hence why I'm so desperate to travel the world.

Here are a few more pictures taken in the week:
View from the cable car
Cable car down
View from our room
View from our room after two days snowing
My apologies if this kind of post isn't what you usually like to read on my blog but I'm hoping to do a lot more traveling in the future and this is such an easy way to record and share my adventures. Overall, last week was one of the most amazing weeks of my life filled with new memories and so much laughter! If I had one regret, it was not taking enough pictures, but that will just have to be another lesson learned.

P.s. I did take some GoPro footage while I was out there. So if you are interested, I'm hoping to put it all together at some point this week and will leave a link to it here.





Comments

Popular Posts