To my mum and dad... (personal post)

 This week I'm away sailing. I left on Saturday the 25th and will be returning on Saturday the 1st, so if I don't reply to your comments that's why but I will be catching up with you all soon. This post will most likely be deleted or made private when I return because it's quite personal. Today is my mum and dads wedding anniversary for 10 years and I just wanted to send them a little message as I wont be able to be at home with them.

I still remember my frilly, layered bridesmaid dress I wore and my brothers little cream suit. I remember admiring my mums necklace and earrings and the smell of my dads aftershave. 

These past couple of months have been rather stressful with our family. My brother had his A-Levels and I my additional science GCSE. My parents, being teachers, have also had it rather tough with school and having to deal with more than just two stressed and anxious teenagers. Like the truly amazing  daughter I am I tried my best to help out but I cannot thank my parents enough for how supportive they have been over the past weeks.

My parents also celebrated their birthdays these past weeks and I wanted to make them really special for them. Making them both their favourite birthday cakes, lemon drizzle and coffee and walnut and trying to let them relax as much as possible on their birthday weekends. 

I've been so much happier and relaxed because of their support and I am eternally grateful. It's a shame that I won't be able to be their on your special day but I hope you enjoy it nonetheless.

Happy Aniversary!
All my love,
Francesca x
 

Comments

Popular Posts