Review: L'Oreal La Palette Nude

On my return trip from Austria in April (read and see more here), I picked up a couple items in the ferry gift shops. Of course, there are the additional gifts and chocolate bars for the journey, but as a treat for my self I bought the L'Oreal La Palette Nude.
I'd never seen this palette before in stores so was intrigued to find out more info. This palette comes with 10 nude eye shadows in a "symphony of pink shades", ranging from pinks to plumbs with matte and shimmer finishes. I must say, I do admire how all of the colours in this palette go beautifully together, because of their pinkish undertones making it impossible for eye looks to go wrong!



As for the product itself, the pigmentation can vary. Some, such as the lighter more neutral shade are strong and opaque (surprisingly!). However it is not the same story for the more greyish colours in the palette. Ans, as with most of these palettes, the brush is almost completely useless so invest in some good quality brushes to get the most out of your eye shadows.
The shadows staying power, on the other hand, is amazing. The effect may change depending on whether you use primer and what brushes you use, but for me the colours stayed put all day with no fall out or creasing.
This palette is clearly for natural, day looks, although the intensity of you looks can vary. By using the dark, shimmery plumb colour you can add a smokey effect easily, turning a day look into a slightly darker evening look in an instant.

Overall, I do really like this palette. Even though for everyday I tend to go more towards the brown shades, this palette is a great investment for anyone wears these colours often. Although, I am slightly edging onto using this more often as I find the pinkness to really complement my green eyes, and think they would also suit brown eyes beautifully.

Ta'Dah! That's all I really have to say about this product. I thought a review would make a nice change to my Francesca Fitness posts for those of you who enjoy beauty as much as I do.
Have a beautiful day!
Francesca x

Comments

Popular Posts