Francesca Fitness: Super Easy and Healthy Blueberry Oat Biscuits! The Perfect Pre-Workout Snack!

 I used to be ADDICTED to biscuits before starting my new healthy lifestyle. Now I mean ADDICTED! In fact recently I worked that I'd eat around 350+ calories everyday just from biscuits. I'd have 5-6 hobnobs with my cup of tea after school everyday, which I think about now and can't believe how awful it was. So, I discovered this simple recipe for beautifully soft biscuits that only really requires two ingredients. (I wouldn't recommend dunking these in your tea though!) Also, feel free to exchange the blueberries for anything you want, we just had some left over from a fruit salad so I thought I'd use them up. Previously, I've used raisins which were great but any berry, dried fruit, nuts or possibly spices would work great. Or just leave them plain, they're delicious either way.
So all you need are about two Bananas, 60grams of oats and your chosen filling. But all of these will vary depending on how big your Bananas are, with this recipe you can really just eyeball it to get the quantities right. Preheat your oven to 170°C.


 So, step 1 is to mash up your Bananas with a fork (or in a mixer but lets use those arm muscles!). Then add them to your oats in a mixing bowl and stir together. If you are not sure of the amount of oats you need, you want your mixture to be similar to a cake batter, so about equal amounts (volume-wise not weight) of each.







 Add your chosen filling, you want to add about a handful or two of it, but again this recipe has no rules so add as many or as little as you like and mix it in.
Then spoon your mixture onto your lined baking tray. Remember these will not rise or change shape too much while in the oven so you may want to take a bit more time over this.
 Place into the oven for about 10-15 minutes depending on your oven.
 Ta'Dah! Your delicious, easy, healthy biscuits are done. I worked mine out to be about 49 calories per biscuit so this makes to be the perfect pre-workout snack for me to give me a bit of energy. I really hope you at least try to make these because you really cannot go wrong with them.
I hope some of you will find this to be your miracle post and find something you love! Now I'm going to enjoy this in the sun, bye!

Comments

Popular Posts