Francesca Fitness | Race for Life

As many of my fellow British citizens should know, Race for Life is an event held to help raise money for Cancer Research. Ladies from all over the UK walk, jog or run 5K, 10K or even more! I've been taking part in this annually for the past 5 years and always walked it with my mother or school, which I've loved. However, this year I wanted to challenge myself and run it! 

Today was the day, and to be honest I was rather nervous on the build up to the starting claxon! The self-doubt kicks in and you doubt if you've trained enough. Now, I know 5K is definitely achievable but these thoughts will run through your mind despite the task ahead.


Cancer research kindly provided our army paint in forms of temporary tattoos (which are proving to be not so temporary) which read "Hell hath no fury" and "Pink Army".





Arriving at the venue was slightly more stressful than previous years as the toilet queues were so long, but we arrived on time and even managed to take a few photos before we became all red faced and sweaty!



As we made our way down to the starting line, life became rather hectic as we got mixed in with the walkers and believe me when I say I ran over 5K because dodging and diving between unknowing women and children is sabotaging! (Also, my apologies for the lack of in-action photos, but trust me when I say it's better for everyone of those photos are never seen)

And there we have it. 35 minutes well spent in my opinion which would never have been possible with out the support of all of you and my parents. Unfortunately, we didn't end up indulging in this pick and mix wonderland but maybe next year. Along with all of the thousands of women who took part this weekend, I received my medal ( and goodie bag) at the finish line and high fives all round!


Comments

Popular Posts