Things I Love About Summer

It's in our nature to desire what we can't have. When it's Winter, we crave Summer and when it's Summer, we crave Winter. So, while we're all complaining about the heat, here are a few things you can't help but admit that you love about Summer.

Sadly, I never had this ice cream - this guy did

1. Getting a tan

I know,  I know, not all of us tan that easily, including myself. But at least we can fake it without it being questionable! There's nothing more satisfying than wearing your favourite shorts with beautifully tanned legs, eh?

2. Painting your nails

If like me your school doesn't allow you to wear nail polish, you know what I mean when I say the freedom of decorating your nails is liberating. Blues, pinks, purples, silver can just make your outfits on fleek! (don't worry, I promise never to use that phrase again!)

3. Fresh fruit

I am a total fruit addict, so when watermelon and strawberries are all in season, my life is just complete! Whether you have it in a smoothie, with ice-cream or just on their own, you're treating yourself and your body.

4. Picnics

Let's face, eating outside in the Winter isn't that appealing. So when Summer comes round, you can spend lunchbreaks in the sun with your friends (eating that fresh fruit), getting a tan, or burnt if you're like me, and just relax.

5. BBQs

Hotdogs and burgers with strawberries and cream for afters, Summer evenings with your friends and neighbors and music. Need I say anymore?

6. Shorts and skirts

Don't let society tell you you can't wear those shorts you've had your eye on all year! Wear them bad boys with pride! After all, who wants to be wearing jeans all Summer?

7. Time to do what you want

If you live in Britain (I'm not sure what it's like around the world, but I'd love to know so comment below), then you have six weeks to do what ever you want. This can be to take up a new hobby, start a blog, watch Netflix, anything!

8. Make memories

Francescaaaaa, how can you be so cliched? Seriously guys, there are an unimaginable amount of ways to make memories with those you love. Take photos and start a journal so you can look back on the times of your life!

This post was a bit last minute, so I'm sorry if it seemed a bit rushed. However, I really hope you liked this post and have an amazing Summer because I know you deserve it!

Francesca x



Comments

Popular Posts