Review: Barry M Speedy Nail Paint

As some of you may know from my previous beauty and jewellery haul, I purchased one of the Barry M new(ish) Speedy nail polishes. I've been a big fan of Barry M nail polish and makeup ever since I started using them, about 4 years. So, when Barry M came out with their quick dry nail polishes I was desperate to get my hands on them (or, them on my hands, get it?)



I bought the shade Road Rage which is a light, duck-egg-type blue. Even though it is a pastel colour it is definitely bright and bold but isn't quite neon. If you're looking for a real neutral, pastel blue I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend this particular colour.


One new feature of the Speedy polishes is the flat, broad brush. This is meant to make it easier to apply the colour, which I think it does well. The brush adapts to the shape of your nail so one or two strokes applies the polish evenly over your whole nail. 


The main focus for the product is of course the fast dry effect of the polish. Compared to the regular and Gelly polishes from Barry M, which I find to take quite a while to completely dry, these definitely do dry a lot quicker. I'd say about a minute for one coat.


When I bought this I though the quick dry formula would take away from the quality of the nail polish itself, like the colour or staying-power. Luckily, if anything, the staying power of polish is better. Possibly because I don't have the chance to smudge it before it dries. 
Personally, the opaqueness of the polish is very important to me because I naturally have very white nails (like a permanent french manicure). Now, even though I love it, finding nail polishes that can cover the white tips of my nails can be very difficult. This product, however, does not fail to impress me as with about two coats it was a beautiful, strong colour.

Overall, I'd say if you can find the colour you want, I'd definitely think about purchasing it from the Speedy quick dry line.
Have you tried the Speedy polishes from Barry M? What did you think?

Francesca x

Comments

Popular Posts