Self-worth and acceptance

Recently, I've been struggling with self-worth and confidence. I, along with almost everyone else I know, am constantly on a mission to learn to love my self. Whilst planning this post, I've realized how many ways I can think of improving your self confidence which made me feel very hypocritical for not doing these sooner. Today I'll share with you three things you can do everyday just to slowly improve your self worth and if you find it helpful or supportive I will happily do more. For the next week I am also going to be practicing these and if this interests you I'd love for you to do the same, and by next week we can talk about how and if it helps. Tweet me, e-mail me, comment on my instagram, let me know how you're doing.

1. Start journal.


I started a journal/diary at the beginning of the year and I definitely notice the difference in the days when I do and don't write in it. It gives me a chance to get everything down on paper, gather my thoughts and just get reflect on the day before heading to bed. Although I'm sure I'll cringe if I read it back in a couple of years, I really thinks it helps.

2. Organize and get things done


Give yourself a sense of achievement and get those dreaded chores done. You'll fell as though you've accomplished something and distract yourself. I also find that if I'm stressed my self worth decreases, so organizing myself with a planner and reminders, I keep and feel motivated to do things. Try to accomplish these to-dos with as much effort as possible to boost satisfaction levels.

3. Treat yourself and others


Once a day, or every other depending on your lifestyle, treat yourself or someone you love. Whether it be just painting your nails, cooking a new meal for or with someone, having that piece of cake or going to bed early. Do something you really love or have been craving for weeks. Don't feel guilty, just treasure that time and appreciate what you have.

I sincerely hope these will help you in starting to accept yourself, as cheesy as that may sound!

Francesca x

Comments

Popular Posts