Update: Self-worth and Acceptance

If you're a frequent reader of Francesca Rose, you may have read my post from last weekend where I discussed ways to learn to love and accept yourself as it was something I had been finding difficult the past couple of weeks. I promised you an update of how my week had gone while following the three tips I gave you, and here it is.

You can buy this!


So, the journal keeping... Now, I've actually been doing this for just over half a year and I honestly cannot express how much it helps me. It gives me a chance to get all of my problems down on the page and I can close the book and not have to worry about it after. It also helps me organize my thoughts. If you take one thing from the post, make it to start a journal if you haven't already.

Luckily for me, I haven't had too much work to do as I've just started my Summer holidays, so teachers were pretty easygoing when it came to setting homework. However, I have been busy organizing blog posts for you as I will be away next week. I was rather strict on myself with giving myself deadlines for photos and writing. It may sound harsh but it was actually really helpful in reducing my stress levels and keeping on track.

As one of my main reasons for feeling a bit down about myself was feeling a lot of guilt for doing and not doing certain things. Whether they be for myself or others I'd always regret my decisions and feel bad. So, I decided to make it my aim to treat someone and/or myself everyday. Some days it would just be allowing myself that piece of cake, making that cake (it was my mums birthday last Saturday, I made a coffee and walnut cake for her, call me Mary Berry hair flick) or painting my nails like I did just before typing this post (not the best idea).

I've also started a pinterest board on this topic, so if you need some inspiring quotes, you know where to go.

Did you follow my tips from last week, if so, how did they help you? Or do you do these anyway?

Francesca x

Comments

Popular Posts