Francesca Fitness: 3 Mistakes I Made During my Weight-loss Journey

As some of you may already know, I lost quite a bit of weight recently. During this period, I will be honest when I say I became a bit blind to my body's needs. There are a few things I wish I did and didn't do to make the most of the journey. Because as they say...

Not my own photo

1. Eating Enough

I understand when you want to lose weight you can become pretty desperate at times, or at least I know I did. However, as frustrating as weight loss plateaus can be, you must make sure you're eating enough to function properly. Eat at least 1200 calories a day to make sure your body doesn't go into starvation mode or is fatigued. You'll feel depressed, tired and have the worst mood swings.


2. Record your Results

Now this isn't one I experienced personally, but many of those I've talked to have expressed how annoyed they were that they didn't record their progress. Take before and after photos and/or take measurements. Sometimes the scales can lie and you may have lost three pounds of fat but gained four pounds of muscle. Numbers really aren't everything and it'll boost your confidence like no other!


3. Have Treats

One big factor that helped my weight-loss was my 100 day challenge, where I completely cut out junk food from my diet. Although, like I said this really helped with my weight-loss, after I achieved a happy weight and size I found it very difficult to get back into having little treats without feeling guilty. Going out with family or going to a celebration or party made me very nervous about what I could and couldn't eat. By having treats every once in a while will keep you happy and healthy mentally.


4. Learn to Love Yourself

I have another post that's a bit more in depth about this which can be found here. This is something I feel really strongly about so definitely give it a look!


5. Develop Healthy Habits

The main thing people trip up on after weight-loss is when they get to a healthy weight but then gain it all back. Develop healthier habits to prevent this such as drinking more water, eating slower, meal plan, make shopping lists and exercising regularly. These are all minor changes to your lifestyle
 but when put together can have a massive impact on maintaining your new healthy weight.

Is there anything you regret when losing weight?

Francesca x

Comments

Popular Posts