Travel Essentials w/ Katie Lou

Recently Katie, from katielou99.blogspot.co.uk, and I got in touch with each other and thought it would be nice to do a collaboration together. I've loved reading Katie's blog for the past couple months and it's obvious she really cares and is interested in all of her readers. I'd really recommend her to all of you if you love beauty, fashion and lifestyle as much as us.


So these items are what I think of as essential for when I'm packing to go on holiday. They're travel friendly and just overall more convenient than other possibilities.


First are my face products. I've never been a big fan of heavy foundations in the summer as it's uncomfortable in the heat and I like being able to see my freckles. So, I tend to opt for concealer or the BB Cream from Garnier. I'm also very pale, so to fake the tanned look I add a little bit of the Bourjois Bronzer around my hair line, cheek bones and temples. As the say, fake it till you make it!



Usually, when I go on holiday I will have pre-painted my nails, but if I'm away for a bit longer or off somewhere for a special occasion I will often take one or two with me. Also, I'm a girl so it's my duty to over-pack. Here are is the Barry M Quick Dry in Road Rage and the Hi-Shine in Prickly Pear.



The first of my eye products is the Maybelline Falsies mascara. I go for the waterproof version as it holds a curl better in the sun and I can go swimming stress-free. I also love to take a coloured eyeliner, this one is the Barry M eyeliner. Coloured eyeliner is an easy way to add something different to your makeup look and I love to incorporate as much colour as I can in the summer.
Above that is my Barry M Matte Me Up lip crayon in no.3. It's a build-able pink-nudish shade and I'll often add some clear lip gloss of just lip balm over the top because the colour is so beautiful but I prefer a bit of shine in the summer.


This palette is my go-to, everyday palette from Sleek in Storm. I use the matte browns for my eyebrows(as you can see, they're well used) and the rest are perfect for a multitude of eye looks. Taking palettes instead of individual eye shadows saves space and time in the morning.


We're (probably) all women here, so we know that having smooth legs and underarms for the beach is essential. This year I discovered the Venus Snap portable Razor. After last years finger decapitation (okay, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit) when reaching in my toiletries bag and unpleasantly finding my razor, I thought this would be perfect. It's miniature in size and comes with a little plastic case to keep it and you safe.




Having a good book to read is essential for me, whether it be for the journey, whilst relaxing on the beach or trying to calm down before bed. However, many of my books are just too big and heavy to be carrying with me so I take my Kindle Paperwhite instead. If you're struggling with ideas for what to read this summer, check out my Summer Reading list.

To check out Katies blog and post click here: http://katielou99.blogspot.co.uk/
I know Katie works so, so hard on her blog and we'd both appreciate your love and support! 

Francesca


Comments

Popular Posts